MY E27N WONT START :-(

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
The Tractor Kid
Not Quite Blue Yet

MY E27N WONT START :-(

Post by The Tractor Kid »

HI
I am having trubble starting my e27n there is a spark and i have striped down the carb and cleaned it, just not sure what is up when you turn it over by hand there is white smoke coming out of the exaust but no bang any help would be great thanks Andy.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: MY E27N WONT START :-(

Post by Brian »

I am no expert on the E27N but white smoke would indicate un-burnt kerosene/TVO/paraffin to me rather than petrol. Petrol smoke is usually black or it is on my DKN.

Could also be water from a leaking head gasket.

What do the plugs look like when you take them out? Have you tried rubbing a pencil on the electrodes? Have you tried heating them with a blow-lamp and putting them back in hot?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Tim W
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: MY E27N WONT START :-(

Post by Tim W »

if you get smoke then it's burning something so the electrics ok...
could be a lot of oil in the cylinders? clean the plugs and a spot of petrol down the plugs mightwork...
- if you have kerosen/parafin/tvo in the main tank and petrol in the small tank it could be you're tank is holed internally and the tvo is mixing with the straight petrol ....
- try setting up a small seperate tank with just petrol in and going from there
1947 E27N, some grey ones and a 1953 AJS 350...