Some more engine conversion stuff

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Eric Schulz
True Blue

Some more engine conversion stuff

Post by Eric Schulz »

You may have noticed that I have a fascination for Fordson engine conversion kits. Owning a few of your own helps!

In previous posts I have talked about the Ailsa Craig, CLM, Invincible, Perkins Leopard, plus the Waukesha and Wisconsin possibles.

Not mentioned yet is the French Vendeuvre, an unknown brand to us Australians. There is a photo of a converted tractor in The Ford Tractor Story, but no details. If you are a Fordson owner/restorer/enthusiast and you don’t have the book “The Ford Tractor Story” by Stuart Gibbard, please take a moment to hang your head in shame!

A Google search brings up quite a few pictures of 1950’s Vendeuvre tractors, but nothing old or relating to Fordson that I could find. The company was bought by Allis-Chalmers in 1959.

Listed in the Gibbard book and elsewhere, is the Lister conversion. RA Lister fitted a 2 cylinder CE engine to an early N. There is no evidence that this went past the experimental stage.

There is one more to go. When I can get the brochure and the scanner in the same place and time I will do another post.

Eric

This is just a poor quality image of the Vendeuvre from the Gibbard book. To see a better one, buy the book!