E27N Tail Light

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
1949E27N
True Blue

E27N Tail Light

Post by 1949E27N »

Hi all, I have been lucky enough to get an original tail light for the Fordson, can anyone tell me where on the back of the machine the light actually goes?
I have tried googleing imagages but cant see any?.

Thanks guys.
Chris

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: E27N Tail Light

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Chris,

I went to a heritage show at Colac yesterday and saw an E27N with the remains of a light bolted onto the rear bolt that holds the seat onto the seat spring. Not ever having seen one before and the fact that the light looked as rough as the rest of the tractor it looked like it might be the original spot. Others may be able to give a better idea but it looked right to me.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

slim871
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by slim871 »

Gday Chris,
Ill take a pic for you tommorro of our light which for memory is bolted to the final drive lid. There should also be a socket for a trailer light (?) which ours has also. We took it to colac yesterday aswell, great display!
Cheers,
Slim :wink:

1949E27N
True Blue

Post by 1949E27N »

Thanks Slim, looking forward tote pics,
I don't have the socket, yet...

slim871
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by slim871 »

Gday Chris,
Hope these help mate,
Cheers,
Slim :wink:

1949E27N
True Blue

Post by 1949E27N »

Thanks very much for that Slim, might have to reposition mine as I have three point linkage but I'm guessing it was just relocated to one side.
Just out of interest, what's the rod control to the right of the throttle and choke? Is your tractor a Perkins? Mine is petrol/kero.

1949E27N
True Blue

Post by 1949E27N »

Thanks very much for that Slim, might have to reposition mine as I have three point linkage but I'm guessing it was just relocated to one side.
Just out of interest, what's the rod control to the right of the throttle and choke? Is your tractor a Perkins? Mine is petrol/kero.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Chris,

These are the positions for Tail Light and Socket for tractors with and without HPL.
BarryM

1949E27N
True Blue

Post by 1949E27N »

Thanks so much for the pictures guys, as I said i have the light, am still to get the socket but I think I may be on to one.
By the way, I have finally got the headlamps so it's really coming together :clap:
I'll post some pics shortly and probably even start selling off the surplus bits and pieces, have to start recovering some funds before the missus notices the bank balance... :roll:
Chris