Castings

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Mike H
Not Quite Blue Yet

Castings

Post by Mike H »

Hello All

Does anyone know a Foundry in Yorkshire that is doing the Castings for the Perkins P6 conversions for the N and E27N
Thanks
Mike H

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: Castings

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Mike,

There is a person who sells on eBay who does all the P6 castings. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kjbuckers/m.h ... rom=&_ipg= I don't know if he is in yorkshire but he seems to have all the paterns for making all the parts required. The only parts missing would be the pressed metal parts like the windage plate in the sump and the oil pump inlet filter and cover plate. I hope this helps.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Mike H
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Mike H »

Hi Frank
Looks just the ticket, any ideas where I could pick up the bits you mentioned ?
Regards
Mike H

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Mike,

The windage (baffle) plate may very well be available in the sump that comes off the engine if it has the oil pick up point toward the rear of the engine. If not it looks fairly easy to make out of sheet metal. The one in the Fordson sump is just a rounded bottom V shape plate with a hole towards the rear for the oil pick up tube. I can take pictures of mine as I have an engine in pieces undergoing a rebuild at the moment.

The cover and oil strainer assembly may also be on your existing sump depending on the engine that you have. The standard vehicle engine sump does not have the right plate but industrial versions may. If you have a choice make sure you get an engine with the oil pick up at the rear otherwise you will need to find / make an oil pick up tube as well.

PM me with your email address if you need pictures.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Mike H
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Mike H »

Hi Frank

PM sent

Regards
Mike H