Perkins Water Pump - P6.

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Jon V8
Not Quite Blue Yet

Perkins Water Pump - P6.

Post by Jon V8 »

Hello all,not been on here for a while - all the tractors have been behaving..... Until this week that is,the E27N that I did the high top gearbox conversion on has trashed its water pump.I've not actually seen it since,but its my job to sort it.
So any recommendations,rebuild the original or fit a repro ? Having seen the VERY poor quality of many repro parts for tractors,classic cars and Land Rovers etc - I'm more inclined to find a kit or get someone to do it.Has anyone a good contact ?

Matt 1944 N
True Blue

Re: Perkins Water Pump - P6.

Post by Matt 1944 N »

Hi,
I dont know of anywhere that does a repair kit and I am of the same opinion as you that some new parts are quite bad quality but from what I have heard that this one on ebay is a good copy and fits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORDSON-E27N- ... 1c21aef956 and I have also found this company http://www.spwaterpumps.co.uk/agricultural.asp but I dont know how much their one costs and it is something which i will have to get soon aswell.

Matt
1945 Ransomes MG2, 1950 P6 E27N, 1963 NP Super Major

Jon V8
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Jon V8 »

Thanks for that,I guess there is not to much choice but to give them a go.At least if they fail you tend to get a "useful" warning !

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Can't you take an original and press it apart? You should beable to get a new bearing and seal by dimension and then just press it back together. I made a seal out of neoprene for one of my Allis Chalmers K 35's about 30 years ago, and it is still in there and holding coolant after all these years. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Jon & Matt,

I gather you are talking about the Alloy type pump for the P6, as the cast iron pump is straight forward to repair. There is a company in the UK called 'Forge Services' who will rebuild Alloy pumps and Cast pumps for the p6, and if you live overseas they will sell you a rebuild kit.

Hope this is of some help to you.
BarryM