Help.....Fordson N died on me....!!!!

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
its me
Not Quite Blue Yet

Help.....Fordson N died on me....!!!!

Post by its me »

Hi all,

Was sorting out the garage today and had to pull the old fordson out. Now she started fine and was running ok so jumped on her pulled her forward about 10feet on a slight angle then she died. Now she wasnt empty on fuel but wasnt full up. But she just would not start up again.....arfter numerous cranks she would fire up real quick for literally 2seconds then die again. Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: Help.....Fordson N died on me....!!!!

Post by Dandy Dave »

Did you turn the fuel on? Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi just wondering if you got water in the fuel and thats causing it. This modern save the planet bio fuel pulls water and all the crap from fuel systems. so could also be a blockage in the carb. you sure you have enough fuel to run out the tap in the tank too :wink: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

OGoldsmith
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by OGoldsmith »

its me wrote:Hi all,

Was sorting out the garage today and had to pull the old fordson out. Now she started fine and was running ok so jumped on her pulled her forward about 10feet on a slight angle then she died. Now she wasnt empty on fuel but wasnt full up. But she just would not start up again.....arfter numerous cranks she would fire up real quick for literally 2seconds then die again. Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be?
Magneto gears worn out?

Ollie
1940 Fordson Standard N 1948 Fordson Major E27N