e27n,p6

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
matthew
Not Quite Blue Yet

e27n,p6

Post by matthew »

Hi guys.
I am new to the tractor game but purchased an e27n,p6 for $50, yep the price was right, it is as it came out of the factory with no rust, been parked under a wattle tree with cap on exhaust.
i have freed the motor up and turns nicely, i am looking for pictures as it has a 2 battery setup ???. I am also in need of a fan belt, a water inlet at the bottom of the radiator, it is held on with 2 bolts, a complete control box ?? sits in front of the steering wheel, hoses, radiator ect, is there anywhere you can get these new, if not could i ask the members if they have any spares for sale to get me started.
Thanks Matt
jokstrap5@bigpond.com will get me. i live in WA

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Re: e27n,p6

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Matt,

You are a lucky man to find a P6 at that price. I have always had to pay much more than that for one and they were always stuck solid. Yours sounds in great nick :mrgreen:

I have seen the P6 dash boxes listed a few times on eBay and the last people I saw with them was http://www.queensberrytractorparts.com/ They are not listing them at the moment but an email might get you one. I bought an ammeter from them a while back and I was happy with their service.

The only place I have seen the water inlet listed was on eBay again by http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kjbuckers/m.h ... rom=&_ipg= There is nothing listed at the moment but if you have an eBay account you could ask if he is planning to list more parts. Hopefully he is still active. I saved the link because he did castings for most of the P6 conversion parts. He doesn't seem to list often, but I have seen him advertise every E27N P6 conversion casting there is at one time or other.

The fan belt I am not sure about, but I bought my last one from Melbourne Tractors and it was just listed as an E27N fan belt on their books. If you have a Sparex agent near by I would ask them. It is a B section belt as far as I remember but I can't remember the length. My guess is 46 inch which is a Sparex S.18834 but you will need to check that because I am not sure. If you measure the outside length most good belt supliers should be able to get you one.

Good luck with your project.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Matt,
The Fan Belt to suit a E27N P6 was a Dunlop V511 or a Goodyear 1167. The measurements are 48 3/16" inside,
7/8" top width, 1/2" bottom width, 32 degrees angle.
BarryM

neilarmo
True Blue

Post by neilarmo »

Aussie Frank, that's the man for 'new' P6 castings, he has them made and machined to original spec. email him via ebay. they are made to order so might take a short while but are spot on.

Neil