E 27N P6 check chains Brackets (Australian)

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Willsy/Aus
Not Quite Blue Yet

E 27N P6 check chains Brackets (Australian)

Post by Willsy/Aus »

Hi,
With the Australian P6 rims with the inner weight ring cast into the rim, the check chain bracket that is bolted to the axle tube it is running very close to the rim.

I see in books that the bracket can be drilled with a third hole much higher which will clear the inner ring weight area, as the ones i have only two holes and run in the area of the inner cast weight area.

Can some one supply pictures or measurments of where the third hole is to be drilled in the brackets &/or are the brackets different to the std e27n tractors here in Australia.

Any information would be helpful.even a picture of the brackets fitted to a Australian P6 to see the mounting arrangement.

Thanks, Willsy

brockwood
True Blue

Re: E 27N P6 check chains Brackets (Australian)

Post by brockwood »

il have a look tomorrow but i think the third hole is to line up to the diffrent drawbar heights b
1x 23f 1x 34 blue n 1 x 44 green n e27/s x 8 3ooo/ 5000 slectospeed county 754 x1 ford k series truck

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Willsy,

Here is a photo of the left hand check-chain bracket. It is the standard bracket and assuming you have the Victorian wheels with the weights built in for the P6, the bottom hole is used. The bottom hole will line up with the dish in the rim, and just clears the wheel bolts. Would like to see a photo of the inside of your wheel and what bracket you have. The brackets from a New Major will also fit your tractor.

BarryM

brockwood
True Blue

Post by brockwood »

sorry to be a bit slow mine is in the middle hole as is the tow bar on the height ajustment that puts it level with the pivot point of the arms. i think if there not the same the chains are going to tighten and loosen as the lingage goes up and down the towbar would be in the bottom hole for pto work. mine lightly grazes i would proubly cut a little off the nut my top hole of three they are 3/4 has its top about level with the bottom mounting hole on the axle about 13 cm out from axle mont and then two below at 6 cm intervals i think there in an arc as are the holes on the drawbar hight ajustment to allow for the up and down swing hope thats clear b [img][http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g32 ... nt.jpg/img]
1x 23f 1x 34 blue n 1 x 44 green n e27/s x 8 3ooo/ 5000 slectospeed county 754 x1 ford k series truck