Camshaft bush Super Major

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
ivotron
Not Quite Blue Yet

Camshaft bush Super Major

Post by ivotron »

Hello Anybody,
I'm Ivo from Hagen, Northrhinewestfalia, Germany, and new in this forum:
My Super Major 4WD with a front axle from Roadless has a damaged camshaft bushing. The engine was overhauled appr. 20 years ago by a proffessional mechanican, and at this time it gets a new camshaft and camshaft bushes. For this the engine block was machined with a special deep hole drilling machine and after finishing the dimensions of the holes are a little bit bigger than before.
(Please forgive me my bad and easy english...) The bushes had the following dimensions: D 2,2" d 2,06" and width 1,1".
Know one of this bushes is fallen out and completely destroyed, so I need a spare part. I search in many forums, at the websites of many many manufacteres of bearings and bushes, but I didn't find anything. Is here anyone with a sparepart or a address for me, where I can get it?
Kind regards to all, Ivo

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: Camshaft bush Super Major

Post by Dandy Dave »

Welcome Aboard matey! :D The correct name for the machine you are refering to is a "Line Boring Machine." If you cannot find any cam bushings by Dimension, You may need to have some machined, Or go to a shop that does line boring, and engine machining, and have them get something that is close and can be machined to work for you. If it has been bored oversize because the bushings have spun previously, standared bushings obviously will not work. But then I guess you already know that. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major