P6 Oil and Temp Gauges.

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
E45NP6
Not Quite Blue Yet

P6 Oil and Temp Gauges.

Post by E45NP6 »

G'day all,

Don't want to flog a dead horse, but can anyone help me with either or both gauges for my soon to be completed P6?

The gauges don't even have to work! my P6 came with a smiths 2in gauge and a hollow shell of a temp gauge.

I have E27N parts I can offer such as a narrow bar grille in good condition, headlight brackets a headlamp and rim horn etc.

Please Post interest here or PM me I'm desperate!

E45NP6
1950 Fordson E27N Perkins P6, 1952 Fordson E1ADKN.

anglo4
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: P6 Oil and Temp Gauges.

Post by anglo4 »

I'm still trying to get at Tomey oil pressure gauge so if you find two let me know!

I have had some vinyl cut inserts for the inside of the Wilmot - Breedon calormeter. You need all the inside kit though but these replicate the 'keep pointer...' etc.. in red with a white segment and all the lettering. If you find a half decent working one, you could smarten iut up !

Good hunting :D

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hi E45NP6 ,
i have just seen on the Fordson Tractor Forum that you are chasing a temp and oil pressure gauge for your Fordson P6 . I have a couple of temp gauges and in a couple of weeks may also have a number of engine oil pressure gauges , having been given the opportunity to purchase 4 E27N's (wrecks) that have been fitted with Perkins L4 motors . Let me know if you are still seeking these gauges .
At present i have a friend who is restoring a Fordson E27N with tpl and is looking for a left and right rockshaft arm as well as the pin that mounts the front of a tpl arm (basically a pin with a lynch pin hole at one end and a thread with a castellated on the other) .
My location is Bunbury , Western Australia . If you wish to email me direct , you can contact me at :- idwilliams@bigpond.com

Regards ,

Halftrack Hank .

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hello E45NP6 ,
I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner but my computer got sick so i am trying my luck with a tablet , this is my sixth attempt to get a message to you . Yesterday i checked my temp gauges and found one that has been made up by fitting an aftermarket gauge to an original probe/sender,this gauge would ruin a tractor restoration . The second gauge does work (accuracy unknown), but does require a new glass and the face that carries the words :- cold/warm/hot . If you have the required parts , you could make one gauge from two , if not i may be able to locate the parts that you require when i go to the wheatbelt for four weeks during seeding , during that time i will be getting parts from four E27N'S , hopefully there will be gauges fitted to these tractors .
Regarding your calormeter , is it a Wilmot Breeden type and would it be available for sale ? I have a friend in Ontario , Canada who is searching for one .
Regards ,
Hank .

E45NP6
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by E45NP6 »

Hank,

thats OK mate all good. Interested in the second gauge temp gauge you have im sure i could have a face printed and fitted no worries. All i got with my P6 was a brass pole and hollow shell! so anythings better then that. Ill take what ever oil gauge you find on the wheat belt no worries. Yeah ill gladly part with my calormeter, it is in working condition but will also need a new face, looks like someones hit it with house paint in it's time, blobs of which affect the gauges movement. let me know what you want for a gauge and we'll get the ball rolling

e45np6
1950 Fordson E27N Perkins P6, 1952 Fordson E1ADKN.

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hi E45NP6 ,
did you get my PM or did my computor kick me off the forum before my message got sent to you ? I have the feeling this computor of mine may be taking a one way trip to the rubbish bin .
If you didnt get my previous message , please let me know your email adress so that we can discuss price and postal details .

Regards ,

Halftrack Hank .

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Hank, did you get an e-mail from me about a week ago? There is another person on the board looking for a P6 Temp Gauge and I am coming over in September/October/November/ December.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hello Brian ,
I sent a PM to you this morning but I think I got kicked off the site before the message was sent . I will be going north to the wheat belt for seeding for 4 weeks and will be picking up some parts from 4 E27N's that have been fitted with Perkins L4 motors . I am hoping to find coolant temp and oil pressure gauges on these tractors as well . I will let you know the results of my "treasure hunt" on my return . If there are any other E27N parts that you are chasing , please email a wish list , I just may be able to help find some hard to get parts .
Regards ,
Hank .