Fuel Filters P6

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Kevinmcd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fuel Filters P6

Post by Kevinmcd »

Hi all

No posts in years then two in a row... Can anyone please advise regarding fuel filters for my E27N P6 there is a Primary Filter that has a sediment bowl attached, then it flows to a secondary filter before the Fuel pump, when is dismantled the originals they were a gauze type but too badly damaged to go back in, is there an alternative more modern type of filter that can replace the older type. Your help and advice is much appreciated
regards
Kev :shock:

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Re: Fuel Filters P6

Post by BarryM »

Kev,
The Filters for your P6 are as follows:-
Primary Element CAV 7019-68.
Secondary Element MAHL KX44. This element suits the BFA11 housing.
If the Secondary Housing is marked BFA5 use a Fleetguard FF146.
The Housings will be stamped, you may need to clean the tops with a wire brush to get numbers.
The photos below show the filters

BarryM

Kevinmcd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Kevinmcd »

Thanks for your help Barry it's much appreciated

Kevinmcd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Kevinmcd »

Hi BarryM

Have checked my Primary Filter and it is stamped BF11B and the secondary is stamped as you say BFA11, also Oil filter is stamped Volks E110/
can you advise please
Regards
Kev

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Kev,

The Fuel Filter Elements are as I quoted previously, and the Oil Filter Element will be a Fram CH810PL.

If you have trouble getting the Fram Filter, then a Fleetguard LF599 is okay to use. But, you must have it in the wire cage.
BarryM

Kevinmcd
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Kevinmcd »

thanks ever so much for your help BarryM it's been invaluable
Kindest
Kev :clap:

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

BarryM wrote:Kev,

The Fuel Filter Elements are as I quoted previously, and the Oil Filter Element will be a Fram CH810PL.

If you have trouble getting the Fram Filter, then a Fleetguard LF599 is okay to use. But, you must have it in the wire cage.
Hi Barry
As Kev is asking filter questions and you seem to be the filter guru. I have questions you might be able to help me with Please. both my P6's here in Canada have just the cav type cloth covered element in your picture. is that only available in Au now or is that old stock and they are like Rocking horse poo to find :eyes: . I tried an internet search and all I got was this post, you made here with the part number. I can't cross reference the number with any body else i tried either :cry: . As a temp fix I cleaned /flushed the old ones, made sure they had no damage and re used them for now instead of running no filter at all :wink: .

The other question I have is with the oil filters. Both mine have the brass cages, so I couldn't get the fleet guard filter you said , so crossed it to a wix. The wix filter is in a steel cage with end caps fitted already. Basically this filter won't fit in the cage, and the Vokes cage end caps wont fit over the lips on top and bottom of the filter element so i dont need the brass cage. Is there some modifications I need to do here, or is the wix filter dimensions a mongrel size and specification , compared to the Fleet Guard causing my problems.
I took the old original Vokes elements apart checked and cleaned them out and re fitted them also, just to see if these tractors would run, as I didn't want to cut up and ruin the Rocking horse poo to replace brass cages, and mess things up for later restoration :cry: .
Hope you can answer this for me, If those fuel filters are AU only I guess that may be another project for my new found AU friend if he wants to get them, when I buy the other parts he is collecting for me at the moment :D , That I can't find here Canada wide :cry: .
Thanks for your time, hope you're having a good day :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Robert,

The CAV 7019-68 were old stock from a Bus Company and have been hard to get in AUstralia for some time, although I did see some on UK ebay just recently.

Now, if you cleaned and reused yours, it means the metal cage is all right. Ask your wife to go to a Craft SHop and buy some unbleached calico as this is the fabric used to make the original filters. It was available from CAV under Part No. 7019-122.

Re the Oil Filter. It seems your Wix Element is slightly different to the Fleetguard. This is not unusual when crossing Brands. The LF 599 uses your original Vokes End Caps, but doesn't need the Cage. The LF 4034 was also used on the P6. Cummins Diesel Dealers are a good outlet for Fleetguard Filters. A Baldwin P 15 also crosses to a LF 599. If you don't have any success, let me know.
BarryM

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Barry
Thanks for the info, that now helps me greatly with sorting my filters and what i need to do :D .
Round here sometimes you have to take what ever brand filter you can get, with some of these places they seem to be playing the game, it's not on the shelf they won't get it special order, as it's not a common filter they sell. Or just can't be bothered and say it's N.L.A. :cry: . Thats how i ended up with wix by default, as that parts supply company is real good in town for all the brands they sell, and the guys real helpful on pretty much anything they can get just might take a day or 2 :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Parks
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Parks »

If it is any assistance, here in the UK I have sourced the correct replacement cloth as originally supplied by CAV as these filters were used in vintage buses of the 1940' and 1950's - of which I own one. The original CAV filter cloth part number was 7019-112. I can supply identical weave cloth and appropriate fixing twine as used in the original. I am now able to supply filter cloths as I found there was a demand for these from fellow enthusiasts, price per single filter cloth is £15 inc postage to UK addresses.
If you need help I can be contacted at nigeljparks@aol.com