three point hitch/clutch disengage linkage

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

three point hitch/clutch disengage linkage

Post by Halftrack Hank »

I have just been able to purchase a so im told " safety mechanism " that disengaged the tractor traction clutch if the impliment on the three point linkage got snagged on a rock or tree stump etc . I have never heard of this option being offered on the E27N Fordsons before , has anyone seen or heard of these attachments at all or better still , does anyone any photos or diagrams as it appears that a lot of the parts are missing ? Thank you in advance for any help that throws some light on this topic .
Regards ,
Halftrack Hank .

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Re: three point hitch/clutch disengage linkage

Post by BarryM »

Hank,

By your description you may have part of the ACR Kit. (Automatic Clutch Release). If you can post some photos of what you have, I will be able to tell you what you have and what is missing.
BarryM

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hi Barry , thank you for your reply . I was thinking that maybe i had bought either a white elephant or something extremly rare as one of the people who is also a volunteer at the Dardanup Heritage Park , is British and has a farming and tractor history , has only seen only one other of these ACR kits in his 60 plus years . I will take some photos and ask my daughter to post them on the forum this weekend as my computer skills are pretty basic .
Regards ,
Halftrack Hank .

CalGG
True Blue

Post by CalGG »

I've got a single picture of such a mechanism in my "Fordson Files", and associated literature.

It's tough to see the details with the page in hand, but if the unit you have is the same, I'm sure I'll be able to comment on your kit of parts ;-)

I'll watch for your daughter's posting.... ;-)

Cheers

Cal

Eric Schulz
True Blue

Post by Eric Schulz »

Hank, is this what you have?

Eric

Halftrack Hank
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Halftrack Hank »

Hello Eric , you are a legend ! Thank you for your reply , as well as a diagram to show what is missing . I only have the section that bolts onto the differential housing . I am missing the top link assy and the linkage that attaches to the clutch pedal , as well as the spring that attaches to the clutch pedal linkage . I feel it may take a while to find the missing parts as these ACR kits seem to be quite scarce . I am sorry Barry for not getting some photos on the forum sooner but my daughter is a hard girl to catch up with . Thank you both Barry and Eric for your replies , they have been a great help .
Regards ,
Halftrack Hank .