fordson diesel major

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
pars65
Not Quite Blue Yet

fordson diesel major

Post by pars65 »

Hi I am new to this forum and I am helping a friend out who has just purchased a fordson diesel major we are trying to find the year of manufacture.
I looked on one forum and it said there was a plate on the firewall with the serial number on it but there is no plate on the fire wall.
I have got these numbers off the engine . above the dynamo N18X.
and E1A UK N . on the left hand side of engine,
there is no number plate on the tractor so we will need the serial numbers to register the tractor when its restored.

anthonygos
True Blue

Re: fordson diesel major

Post by anthonygos »

U.K Build Imports 1952-1956 Stamped on the left hand side of the wheel housing (transmission) directly above starter motor.

1956-1964 Stamped on the engine cylinder block next to number 1 cylinder on right hand side above push rod cover.
Don't just leave it in the shed, Fordson's are made to work, so take it out and work it....!

pars65
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by pars65 »

I found the serial number 136697:0 its a 1952-1956 model can you tell what year it was made from this number or is there another number stamped which would give me the year it was made.

anthonygos
True Blue

Post by anthonygos »

Don't just leave it in the shed, Fordson's are made to work, so take it out and work it....!

pars65
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by pars65 »

thank you anthonygos for the information you gave us its very much appreciated