Fordson Model F 1925 Restoration

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
fordsonf25
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Model F 1925 Restoration

Post by fordsonf25 »

Hi everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself and say I have a 1925 Fordson Model F which is under going an almost complete restoration.

It was "apparently" used on a vineyard in France before being brought to the uk so it has been modified accordingly. I will be going back to factory look. Mainly because I do not like the modifications. I will be keeping the parts however so not all will be lost.

I am on the look out for a pouring and line boring jig for a fordson if anyone knows of one lurking anywhere?
Last edited by fordsonf25 on Sun May 29, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My 1925 Fordson Blog http://www.fordsons.co.uk

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Fordson Model F 1925 Restoration

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the board, you have a great project. Do not know where there is a rig as you want but I have a feeling that there are still companies that will do the job for you.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

fordsonf25
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Fordson Model F 1925 Restoration

Post by fordsonf25 »

Hi Brian
Thank you. I know there is companies that can still do white metal bearings but after a few quotes I need to find an alternative then to keep having heart attacks. I want to get a jig and get practicing. I would then be able to help others do theirs within the UK without ripping them off and for the cost of the babbitt and some beverages :beer: .
I understand babbitt is not the cheapest and it is not a 5 minute job but the quotes I had received from numerous companies were more then the tractor will ever be worth.

Speaking with Vic Zan, a model A & T guru I may be on the road to designing and making one for a Fordson.
My 1925 Fordson Blog http://www.fordsons.co.uk