fordson standard electric start

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Big steve
Not Quite Blue Yet

fordson standard electric start

Post by Big steve »

hi guys new here so please don't shoot me down
I have acquired a collection of tractors which include 5 fordson standards

I have one in what is I call it original condition but people are saying its a bitser
it has electric start
its 1939 tractor with a 1945 e27n engine fitted with electric start which to me looks like it has been done to a high standard way back then

iv read on here some did have electric start then spoke to others who have said no they never

tbh I want to sell the tractor and have had it on ebay but am unsure where to be on it

hope someone will know more

cheer steve

brockwood
True Blue

Re: fordson standard electric start

Post by brockwood »

Hi steve could you post some pictures as far as your question none factory but it can be done
1x 23f 1x 34 blue n 1 x 44 green n e27/s x 8 3ooo/ 5000 slectospeed county 754 x1 ford k series truck

Big steve
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Big steve »

will post pics tomorrow for you

its unusual but nice in a way no handle swinging

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

This is something I have asked about over the years as I too drove a Model N with electric start. An article appeared in the Ford and Fordson Magazine saying they came from the factory with electric start in 1932 but when I queried it, the answer I got back was the author had been told a story by the friend of a friend who's uncle used to work at Dagenham.

This one was fitted with a Stanhay Bomb Hoist and was used as the yard tractor at Wrights of Dereham. I have been told it had an E27N engine fitted at some time back in its history and it was ex RAF.

I was told it had been scrapped but it has come to light in a shed near Great Yarmouth, it is hidden at the back but we hope to put together an expedition to at least get some pictures of her.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Big steve
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Big steve »

Not sure how to load pics I'm afraid
Steve

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

There are instructions on posting pictures in the headings on this forum. It is pretty simple, even I can do it. :D :D

You must have a picture web account with someone like Photobucket, load your pictures up to there and then include the (IMG) format from the list beside your picture in your post.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian