All the gear and no idea

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
PeteD
Not Quite Blue Yet

All the gear and no idea

Post by PeteD »

My first memory of a tractor was being placed on a David Brown 25D at 7 years old and told to point it in a certain direction whilst my Uncle and Cousins loaded hay bales behind me. From then I grew up getting to know binders, Bamford mowers etc. but there was always a dark green monster in the barn that was bouncy to sit on, seldom used but when it was, it smelt wonderful.
So, 60 years later, when a friend elected to sell an old tractor he purchased 28 years ago from a local sale and not really found the time to spend on it, I bit his hand off before he had time to put it on E Bay.
So why am I telling you all this ? It's because I'm now the proud owner of a 1943 Fordson. It starts, goes, have used Pat's time to hopefully get it registered and read as much as I can on the internet about 'N''s and 'E27N''s but otherwise am a little clueless and wondering if there is anybody in the Rugby, Northampton, Kettering area that has knowledge of this Fordson era and is happy to pass on a little knowledge over a pint (or two).