1923 F problem (gas in main air supply pipe after running)

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
23Fordson
Not Quite Blue Yet

1923 F problem (gas in main air supply pipe after running)

Post by 23Fordson »

I recently acquired a 1923 F. Starts (when it wants to) on mag without battery assistance - not easily, but eventually. Has a lot of trouble starting when it's hot (very difficult to get running again immediately after being shut down). It has the Kingston M-D setup. Today, after running for about 35 minutes, I shut it down and began getting raw gas out of both ends of the air supply pipe between the air washer and mixer. A lot of raw gas. Also, the air washer was filled with white smoke and smelled of gasoline. Any ideas on what is causing this? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Emiel
True Blue

Re: 1923 F problem (gas in main air supply pipe after running)

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

Assuming you’re from the USA where fuel is different to our European fuel. So you’re problem might have a different cause.

I have trouble running my tractors on the gas where ethanol is in. This evaporates too fast so leaning the mixture. I can imagine your kerosene manifold does the same with your gas.

Otherwise, can you post some photos of your manifold setup. Isn’t the gas not just leaking through the fuel tap?
Can’t imagine how the kingston md is designed.

Rgds emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964