This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Supermanuel
True Blue

Post by Supermanuel »

I hv registered to this forum due to my experiencies with Fordson. Starting from F model, which I never hv driven. This one I only can remember because I was abt 4 years old when N model came.

But ploughing with N was no joy. Being slightly over 10 years age. No mufler, rain and wind is what I remember. Next one was 1954 New Major. Totally an other thing with hydraulics, more speed and better steering.

Then a little bit later came Zetor Super with front suspension.

Since 17 years age I hv had nothing to do with farming job. I hv been working as shipbroker and I founded an own company in 1969. This job I had untill June 30th 2009.

In 1999, when I built my house, I bought a np Super Major Manuel with front loader. Later some extra equiment to it as a compressor with a capacity of 4,5 cubic metres/minute. An Atlas Copco rock drill and an automatic log splitter with saw and transport band.

Finalizing my project with this tractor has been delayed because it is needed in winter for snow job and in summer it's difficult to find time for that.

May be my experiencies with Fordson could be usefull.

I am living in Finland, in the town Espoo near Helsinki. Not very far from Grani.
New Performance Super Major Manuel 08D970466

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Wellcome to the forum. :lol:

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Welcome Aboard Matey! :D We have had our share of F models over here. I have owned about 4 though the years but have none at the moment. The Majors are a better unit 100 percent. A FPM now occupies my barn space. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major