wheels

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
majorfox
Not Quite Blue Yet

wheels

Post by majorfox »

could anyone please tell me at what year and model did they use the three spoke cast front wheels??

Mjg1705
True Blue

Re: wheels

Post by Mjg1705 »

They wer first used on the power major from about 1958-59 and then afterwards were used on the orange super from 1960 to 1962 then converted to steel wheels for the new performance.
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Also depends on where the tractors were shipped. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

majorfox
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by majorfox »

Thanks for the replies! I've got a 1960 power major which I've only bought recently
but it has the 4 spoke/hole wheels fitted.

halloween
True Blue

Post by halloween »

I don't think you should see it as too much of a problem. I have a 59 Power Major with the steel wheels!
'Lily' 1959 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

majorfox wrote:Thanks for the replies! I've got a 1960 power major which I've only bought recently
but it has the 4 spoke/hole wheels fitted.
Hi
If your only going to use it then it won't matter and depending what you do with the 3 point those casts keep the front down more. :).
if you are going to do a concourse restoration and try winning prizes it will be minus a lot of points and not in the top 3 :wink:, then you need either 3 spokes or change to original not repro cast hubs and steel rims on 7.50 x16 tyres . Also going this way would make her lighter to tow round to shows on a trailer. 2 cast front wheels weigh a fair bit :cry: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

majorfox
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by majorfox »

to be honest i prefer the four hole cast wheels so think i'll stick with them plus it will save alot of hassle as they have new tyres on and i dont really want to change them!! :)

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

majorfox wrote:to be honest i prefer the four hole cast wheels so think i'll stick with them plus it will save alot of hassle as they have new tyres on and i dont really want to change them!! :)
Hi
That's a good plan Those are a finger trapping miserable thing to change trust me if you've never done it :cry: , and the tyre shop probably would not want to see you with them either. That's why I do all my own tyres now including the fluid filled ones, our guys don't want to come out to tractors anymore unless you wanna pay stupid money for it :cry: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

P29044
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by P29044 »

Does anyone know if there is a different rim that is interchangable with the front rim on a 53 Major that will also hold up to having a front end loader on it. Living in South Carolina there are not many Fordsons around these parts and I need a new front rim. Not looking for show. Use this tractor on my small farm so pretty ain't important, reliability is.