Registering my major!!!

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
peterf
Not Quite Blue Yet

Registering my major!!!

Post by peterf »

Hi all,

I am new to this and wonder if anyone can help me..... I have recently purchased an early Fordson Diesal Major. I believe it to be an early model. It is not registered in any way but I do have what I believe to be the orginal number plates and I have got a few old tax discs that I recovered out of a battered tax disc holder. Would any of you know how I can go about getting help to register and confirm her age???
Thanks - Pete 8)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Registering my major!!!

Post by Bensdexta »

Have a search on this website; there's a few threads on the subject eg http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... 54&p=32238
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Welcome Aboard Matey. :D Sounds like you have more to go on than most. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi, when I got my major, it had only the engine number, no reg plates or anything. Whilst I was sand blasting the body, I uncovered the original painted number plates on the tombstone, and on the backend. I took some pictures of it, went to the local registry office as it was a local plate, and got them to find and photocopy the page the reg was on. I then sent all this to Thomas Andrews in cornwall and a couple weeks later I had the reg document for it!
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

If you go to the Ford & Fordson Association website (fordandfordson.com) you'll find the contact details for an expert who can help you.
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major