replacement gauges

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
witty73
True Blue

replacement gauges

Post by witty73 »

Hi all, did some searching and didnt come up with much. The gauges in my 53 new major are well beyond their usefulness. Ive gone back and forth between new autometer and reaming out the holes to 2 1/16", or to stick with something a little more original. I would be interested in hearing and seeing what others have done. Thanks.

witty73
True Blue

Re: replacement gauges

Post by witty73 »

74 views and nobody has replaced their gauges with anything other than the aftermarket, over priced "stock like" replacements? Ok, guess I will post pictures when I decide. LOL :lol:

Mjg1705
True Blue

Re: replacement gauges

Post by Mjg1705 »

When it comes to the early majors - reproductions are the only viable means of new gauges - on my super I used "new-old stock" (nos) gauges and had then tested accordingly - but this is a hard thing for everyone to do - and seems you're major had different gauges - I would say just hunt around parts suppliers for repro ones :beer:
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !