radiators

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
northermajor
Not Quite Blue Yet

radiators

Post by northermajor »

my radiator for my super major had no drain tap so i fitted one i got of e bay a genuine fordson tap. on my radiator there was no threaded boss for the tap to fit so i taped a hole where the boss would be it was filled with solder were taps fitted this way back in the day or were they always fitted in a threaded boss

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The Super Major had a big brass tap but the later Supers may have been fitted with the "screw in" one.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

northermajor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by northermajor »

i'v seen taps fitted on the back face of the radiator facing the engine i fitted mine bottom left is this the right place?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

It really depends which radiator supplier Ford were using at the time. The 60's were a time of industrial unrest and Ford would go to the people who could supply the parts. Also could have had a new bottom tank and the repairer fitted what he could get.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

northermajor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by northermajor »

thanks brian it seems theres no diffinitive radiator then i'l settle with what i have thanks again