My 62 Super Major "Errol"

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Steven B
True Blue

My 62 Super Major "Errol"

Post by Steven B »

Thought I would put these back up. The other post inspired me Enjoy.

A few before and during shots.

And fresh of the production line.

Errol James was a farmer in South Africa that influenced me to love Fordson Majors as a young boy. His son is still a great friend of mine. Sadly Errol passed away about 10 years ago. This tractor is named in his honour.
Last edited by Steven B on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

Steven B
True Blue

Re: My 62 Super Major "Errol"

Post by Steven B »

Oh yes, I had to replace the fuel pipe as the original leaked. That has since been painted.

I still havn't fitted the side lights. They are painted and I should get onto it.

Just so busy these days I don't get much time to play.
Last edited by Steven B on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

They look so much smarter with the grill in the correct silver.

What made you change to the UK look? (rather than export grill and wheels).

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

essex pete wrote:They look so much smarter with the grill in the correct silver.

What made you change to the UK look? (rather than export grill and wheels).
Well the UK look was what I was brought up with. The Aus wheels are too wide for a 12inch plough (18.4x28). I wanted a brand new orange wheel Super Major with a Ransomes TS59 plough and thats what I tried to recreate.

The Aus tractors have red wheels and they don't look right in my view.

That tractor of mine draws the crowds when I take it out. I do love it, would never sell it.

Steve
Last edited by Steven B on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Steve,

That is the best looking Super I have seen in a long while and I know that it has been lovingly restored.

How is the crane coming along. Post a couple of pictures.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Barry sent me this earlier today. Think it might add elegance to your collection Steven 8) Its not so far away!

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Brian wrote:Barry sent me this earlier today. Think it might add elegance to your collection Steven 8) Its not so far away!

That is very tempting.