new wings

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
super6
True Blue

new wings

Post by super6 »

hi all
i am looking to replace rear wings on my diesel major,
agriline seem to be cheapest, does anyone have any feedback on wings they have bought in the past good or bad.
thanks brett

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

I have twice bought new wings one time for my dexta and one time for the major,

The dexta ones where a disaster they did'nt fit at all with that knowing I bought the ones for the major from Sparex by the new holland dealer with the agreemend I could send them back if they not fit..

and they fitted verry well

So better try to make that agreement
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Frans wrote:I have twice bought new wings one time for my dexta and one time for the major,

The dexta ones where a disaster they did'nt fit at all with that knowing I bought the ones for the major from Sparex by the new holland dealer with the agreemend I could send them back if they not fit..

and they fitted verry well

So better try to make that agreement
Who made the Dexta wings you bought Frans?
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello Steve,

for the dexta is abouth 10 years ago at that time it was hard to find parts (less internet) so I was happy that I've got some

so sorry i dont know the manufactory
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Bensdexta
True Blue

Wings

Post by Bensdexta »

I've heard that replacement wings have improved alot in the past few years. I've bought Dexta wings from Agriline, but not fitted them yet. However, I expect they will fit fine.

The usual problem seemed to be the wrong 'drop' to the footplates. You could ask the suppler to tell you what that is and check it for your tractor.

I have had good after sales service from Agriline, replaced any parts I've not been happy with, with no quibbles.

So I suggest you explain your concern to Agriline and agree before hand that they will replace/refund if you're not happy.

All the best,
Ben
Last edited by Bensdexta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

One of the other problems reported was the mounting on the axle of Major wings. When fitted they leaned in to the seat and looked a bit silly.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Brian wrote:One of the other problems reported was the mounting on the axle of Major wings. When fitted they leaned in to the seat and looked a bit silly.
Brian

Some OEM factory wings do that. I bought a mint set from inland NSW and the left one had a lean from the factory. The mount plate was welded squewif. Only noticed after I had painted it. Had to shim it to get it to look right.

Steve
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

I know Pascal has fitted new wings, but they would not fit right. The mounting plate was outside the wing, therefore the wing came to much inwards. He modified the whole in the wings and now they fit right.

Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

super6
True Blue

Post by super6 »

thanks for the feed back.
i will try agriline and see how they stand on returns.