Bitza

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
essex pete
True Blue

Bitza

Post by essex pete »

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Looks like a Super front end on a Major rear axle.

Is it me or do all the prices on E-Bay now seem a bit stupid. The standard price for a Dexta seems to be around £2000.00 for a very rough looking one amd Majors always seem to be £1500 to £2000 before they start.

Pete, was down in your area on Tuesday. Had to visit a sprayer out near Bradwell. First time for a long time I have been that far over. Very beautiful countryside but doubt if I could afford a tent!! :D

Ann was invoved with the nuclear industry many years ago and had to visit the Bradwell complex along with all the others in the country. She was on the R and D side on fuel rod development.

Comes in handy now, keeps the electricity bills down with her glowing in the dark. :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Ah Brian, you were nearly on the flatest part of Essex!

Would have loved to have gone to the Suffolk farm sale last week near Hadleigh, some very interesting old machines.

Regards Peter

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

It would also appear that tractors are being dismantled and the parts advertised on e-bay, which I think is a great shame. Presumably you can make more money breaking tractors than selling them intact!

Gerald. :oops:

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Tubal Cain wrote:It would also appear that tractors are being dismantled and the parts advertised on e-bay, which I think is a great shame. Presumably you can make more money breaking tractors than selling them intact!
I had noticed that as well. Indeed, a shame. I guess the reason is that original spare parts are getting more rare, and what's a guy who needs a fuel pump going to do with a whole Major? Indeed, selling the parts separately is likely to fetch more money.