Live drive badge

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Roadless63
True Blue

Live drive badge

Post by Roadless63 »

Does anyone know what "live drive" badge should be fitted to a 1963 super major, I think earlier models had a metal badge on the front grill, but am I right in thinking later machines had a sticker on the bonnet towards the back.
Any information appreciated!
Thanks,
Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Interesting Question.

They did not have the grill badge certainly but I don't think they had a badge anywhere else.

We used to have to check the gear shift or the clutch pedal on new tractors when we PDI'd them and if there had been a badge we would just looked at that.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Roadless63,

The Super Major had a triangular shaped decal at the rear of the bonnet with the word 'LIVE'. It was colored either red or orange. This disappeared when the New Performance Super Major arrived as it had a Fordson decal in approx. the same position.
BarryM

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

BarryM wrote:Roadless63,

The Super Major had a triangular shaped decal at the rear of the bonnet with the word 'LIVE'. It was colored either red or orange. This disappeared when the New Performance Super Major arrived as it had a Fordson decal in approx. the same position.
As Barry said.

The orange triangle.
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

But that badge was not on 1963 New Performance Super Majors so it depends on what you have.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Hi All,

The 'Live' decal carried Part No. E1ADDN 763 and was used from October 1960 till November 1962. It was also used on the Dexta.
BarryM

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

So what if anything would my early 63 (still blue/orange) have had fitted?
Regards,
Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Depends how the man felt on the day it was built! It could either have the triangle or nothing as it was approaching the end of the run.
Brian