Model 42 photos

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
David in Wales
True Blue

Model 42 photos

Post by David in Wales »

I am trying to peice togther the history of EBRO tractors with the help of David Monton in Spain who has large collection. He doesnt speak English nor I Spanish - so its not easy!

These are the Model 42 which were a "budget" tractor. The were Dagenham castings assembled in Spain [around the time of the Power Major] using some Power parts and lots of obsolete Diesel parts. The engine was old Mark 1 hence the 42 [HP] name.

The one in the previous post was very early model with Major badges, later the Spanish used the Ebro badges. BUT some early DDN styled tractors exist there with Ebro badges too. None of the Ebro's were ever fitted with the British handbrake levers, only the T brake locking lever.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

David,

Interesting to learn more about the Ebro history.
I thought the Mark I engine rated 38 HP.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

David in Wales
True Blue

Post by David in Wales »

CORRECTION

This is MODEL 48 or EBRO DIESEL

Due to the language barrier I am finding it difficult to get factual answers to my many questions.
EBRO was eventually taken over by Kubota who produced the final EBRO designed & built range fitted with Perkins engines with just a name change to Ebro-Kubota
Then Nissan bought the factory and fitted Nissan engines. The factory was closed down in the late 1990's.

If anyone has more information, please post it on here. All photos are courtesy of David Monton

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

David,

I have a Sales Brochure on the Super 55 Estrecho, which is a Vineyard Model (very narrow) and a Brochure on the Super 55.

The only other information I have is:-
Ebro 44 44HP @ 1600 RPM 1959-64
Ebro 48 48HP @ 1800 RPM 1964-69
Super Ebro 53HP @ 1600 RPM 1961-64
Ebro Super 55 55HP @ 1800 RPM 1964-73

They also used an engine (Fordson type) called the 'S55' (Tractor) 55HP and the '160' (Tractor/Truck) 61 HP. Maybe these were Industrial Engines. There were quite a lot of Ebro Engines imported in to Australia in the 1970's for use as Irrigation Pumps or Fordson Replacement Engines.
BarryM

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Ebro also went over to a Perkins engine at one time. Think that was when Ford withdrew and MF became the dominant force in the company.

Tractors were made world wide, some being made in Brazil I think, for the US market under the Long banner.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Barry,
can you scan the sales brochure espaccialy the narrow one
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

henk

Post by henk »

I did not know that Ebro made de Major before 1963. Always thought they started after Fordson stopped the production.
The 48 has the MarkII engine. Throttle rod is in front of the engine.
That brochure would be very interesting.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Brian wrote:Ebro also went over to a Perkins engine at one time. Think that was when Ford withdrew and MF became the dominant force in the company.

Tractors were made world wide, some being made in Brazil I think, for the US market under the Long banner.
I have a 1982 MF 30D backhoe Loader. It has a Perkins diesel and that sure is a great little engine. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major