Pictures of Rocking Horse Manure

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Pictures of Rocking Horse Manure

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Hello All,

Finally, I got a little time to myself so that I could clean up and fit the auxhilary service valve I had been after for so long. Many thanks to Brian and Ed for their assistance in obtaining one.

As you can see from the first two pictures, Brians' description of Rocking Horse Manure is not far wrong, I dug, scraped, polished and washed tons of it out of the valve body :D

Cleaning up was a process of leaving to soak in water free paraffin, more expensive than the usual stuff but the parts do not go rusty over a few days, then carefully polishing internally and externally with a well used green cleaning pad stolen from the kitchen when the 'boss' wasn't looking :oops:

I know Brian advocates the careful use of Brasso but a well used, mild scouring pad (emphasis on the 'well used' part) carefully used in a circular motion is similar to what we used to use after we had honed cylinders during manufacture in a 'past life'.

Replaced a couple of 'O' rings that looked doubtful, had a pipe made up then fitted it all to Eve yesterday.
It Works ! It Works ! It Works !
Do I sound happy ? :D

Painting will come later, after I've attempted to repair the hedger but, here's a couple of pictures of a Major fitted with Rocking Horse Manure.
Thanks again Brian and Ed, 24 hour guard now being mounted :)

Mike
Nobody is perfect and I want to be a Nobody.

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Glad it is all OK Mike, I haven't installed my own piece of rocking horse manure yet but might get a chance this winter.
Thanks to both Brian and yourself, glad it all worked out!
Regards
Ed

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Mike
Well done. I'm glad it lived up to your expectations.
Nice fittings on the back.
I'm off to New Zealand on thur to pick up my rocking horse manure, and various Fordson parts.
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!