New Performance Wings - Rivet counters question

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Roadless63
True Blue

New Performance Wings - Rivet counters question

Post by Roadless63 »

Rather a minor issue but one which would be nice to have an answer to....does anyone know when the pressing changed from "Enfo" to "Fomoco" on the rear wings? (for those that may not know, the rear wings should have a pressing at the bottom of the skin between the two support brackets, normally reading "Enfo".
I know some of the castings gained the fomoco emblem, including wheelweights during or perhaps at the start of N.P. Super Major production but did this apply to the tinwork too?.
I have an early '64 N.P super major and have both enfo and fomoco wings available. Does anyone know which should be fitted?

Many thanks,
Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

This is from memory only.

The EnFo designation changed in 1963 to FoMoCo. Ford US wanted to bring the British Fordson operation under the corporate company banner. Management decisions were moved to the US around this time.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Thanks for the input Brian, I know the 64 I have has FoMoCo on the castings but I wasnt sure whether this applied to the pressed tinwork too. looks like there is a possibility, certainly FoMoCo wings exist as I have a pair, although I suspect these were from a 4000 or such.
As the tractor didnt have major wings when I acquired it I guess I ought to look out for an "original" '64 major and see what that has fitted to be certain.

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

On my Super jan 1964 the wings are from Enfo but the front wheels are fomoco
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

OK that is what I was afraid of, possibly it wasnt an accross the board change,may be more obvious parts were changed first. Anyone else with a blue grey super that can tell us whether they have Enfo or Fomoco on the wings?
Regards, Ed

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

My County is a 7-63 and my Super is a 12-63, both units have Enfo stamped in the fenders.

Pat

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

I finally got a chance to look at the fenders on my County Super 6. It was built around Nov. 1964. The fenders say EnFo, but the fill plug on the lift cover says FoMoCo.

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Thanks guys, I looked at a '64 which had Enfo stamped also. Looks like the Fomoco wings I have would have been fitted to a 1000'nd series tractor. So Enfo wings it is!
Thanks again, Ed