Roadless & County manuals

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Roadless & County manuals

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Anyone have mauals they can scan for the Roadless and the County super 4? I have the parts list for the Super 4 & 6, March 1965, 36 pages, and I am more than happy to scan this to share with anyone that needs it.

Anyone have a spare (County Super 4) front weight, Stop snickering.....ya never know!

Pat

Kjetil
True Blue

Post by Kjetil »

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Thanks Kjetil! now I just need to find somthing for the County's

Pat

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

I can scan this if you need it, Pat.

Don't worry, the inside pages are in better shape than the cover.

Anyone have a spare (County Super 4) front weight, Stop snickering.....ya never know!

I'm not laughing. I need one for my Super 6, too.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Hi JC, is the manual for a county on rubber or tracks?

Pat

JC

Post by JC »

Its for the Super 4 and Super 6 on rubber. Its a combination, operators manual and repair manual. The back section of the book is a parts list.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Thanks JC that’s exactly what I needed, however Brian has graciously offered to get me what he has on disk…… I wish my wife was this nice!

OK, I guess it’s about time I fessed up and let you all know how sick and twisted I really am. Ill try to post some pics as evidence, we’ll see how it goes for the first try.

My grandfather bought his first major in I believe 54, one of the first around here. No one could understand why he bought a hard starting stinky smoking diesel tractor, I tell everyone it was the only thing that would always run cus the kids couldn’t siphon any gas out of it.
My father, uncles, and cousins have all had them but I got in a little over my head. At this point I have 4 Majors, 1 super Major, 1 Roadless / Power Major, and a few weeks ago I finally got a County Super 4.

One beautiful sat afternoon seven years ago I was out on my bike chasing down leads from an old guy that knew a farmer up north of me that had a County, it ended up being another dead end lead but this guy thought he had seen one at another farm……..and they thought they knew where one was …..and they……., well just about the time I had given up and was ready to go home I found her sitting in a lean-to on the back side of this guys grainery. For seven years I kept going back up there and leaving my phone number, and the Saturday before last he finally called, by noon Sunday I was unloading her in my yard. That Sunday just happened to be my birthday, other than our first granddaughter we got two days before, that County was the best damn birthday present I ever got.

If the pics make it, the County is almost as I got it, unbelievably clean and most everything working. The Roadless as bad as it looks is a far cry from where it started, the front ax was broken inside and out, the motor was tight and had spun #2 rod, no dash or wiring, wrong tank, & lots of parts wrong or missing. It was striped down to bare castings from front to back, new seals bearings, and anything else that was needed. The engine was a factory reconditioned block, meaning bearings no longer available. Thinking, what the hell the block is junk any way I got creative with shim stock and Locktite, it may be to early to tell yet at this point but after maybe 40 hrs, some of it plowing with 3-16”, its till holding up. Now I have one more oil leak to fix and its time to start the body work.

Pat

Just tried to "copy & paste" pics.....did'nt work....what do I need to do.