Super Major hydraulics

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Foxen
True Blue

Super Major hydraulics

Post by Foxen »

I have a Super Major -62 and wonder if I can fit the hydraulics(lid with ram and valves and the hydraulic pump) from a Power Major to it? I know that this is a highly unusual question, wanting to fit older and in some ways inferior hydraulics to it but I wish to do it...
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Kind of nevermind this... I found the information I needed on the old forum and so I am now on the hunt for a power major hydraulics lid and possibly the little "bend" thing that screws into the pump, effectively converting it to the "drop straight down pipe" from the older blues...
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Foxen,

What is your reason for it anyway?

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Emiel wrote:Hello Foxen,

What is your reason for it anyway?

Best regards

Emiel
Well... Let's just say that my FSM-62 hydraulics lid looks like a warzone where iron oxide is currently winning the war... I recently aquired the tractor to have something to fiddle with(I've been a hobby mechanic for years now and since I help my father with his FSD -64 I wanted one of my own...), anyways, a friend of mine said that I should lift off the upper lid(with the aux valve) and examine that before I do something drastic... But now I know that if I fail in restoring this one, I can at least convert it into something of use for me and my father...