Gearboxbearings

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
larsson
Not Quite Blue Yet

Gearboxbearings

Post by larsson »

Hello. I wrote on the old forum about my gearboxproblem and now i have dismantled it. i have found that 3 rollerbearings and 1 ballbearing is in bad shape. Now i have trouble to find new bearings , the local bearingsupplyer says that those bearings are not availible anymore. Brian, you answered in my last post that those bearings are availible near you, and i will be very greatful if you could help me getting in contact with this supplyer. The rollerbearings are: Hoffman R325L V3 (25 62 17), Hoffman R525L (25 80 21) and SKF 4n06 (30 90 23). The ballbearing are Hoffman 170 V3 (70 125 24).
Greatings Christer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Christer,
I will take those number through to the supplier but the SKF one will mean nothing as there are no cross references.

What would be a help is if you can take some pictures of the bearings and e-mail them to me. Also measure them inside, outside and the width. Get me all the information you can.

I have to go to Norwich on Wednesday next week and I will take the details in then.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
How did you get on with those bearing numbers.
Kiwi Kev

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Kev,
Will not know the answer until Friday.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

larsson
Not Quite Blue Yet

Shaft seals

Post by larsson »

Hello Brian. From now on i will try to discuss here on the site.
You dont (or anyone else) have any ideas about the input and output shaft seals? the local supplyer here had two diffirent types both for incoming and outgoing, but they were all to small. (mine was incoming 89x68,3 and outgoing 110x85) and the outgoing was not doubled lipped. It feels like someone has been in there before and just put together what they could find. The primary upper shaft locking nut had no threads left and was welded to stay in place and one of the rollerbearings looked like it was the wrong inner race in it. I would be greatful for all help i can get.
Have a nice day Christer

larsson
Not Quite Blue Yet

Gearboxbearings

Post by larsson »

Hello again.
I went for a closer look at the shaft seals today, and i saw a number on the outer shaftseal housing, the number is E27N-7085. Under that there is a triangle with a dot at each side of the top of the triangle followed with 2. This unit has only space for a single lipped seal, but according to all information i can get there should be a double lipped seal. Any ideas someone?
Regards Christer