back to work on the county

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: back to work on the county

Post by Dandy Dave »

Yes, Simply Beautiful. :D :beer: :clap: . Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Thanks guys!
Adrian, In this cold weather you can tell that it’s turning extra gears when you let out the clutch, in the summer it’s not noticeable, and surprisingly almost none of the 4X4 bouncing and grabbing while turning. But I would have to say that it is a little lacking on the hp with the amount of traction it has, thus the Super Six is quite an improvement. By the mid 60’s the majors were getting beat out in the hp market by the other guys over here in the US, they were consider more of an good economical tractor than a brute workhorse. That said, even if they would have left the factory with 150hp, someone would have put four tires on the back, a couple tons of weight, pulling a 5 bottom plow and complaining that it didn’t have enough power.
If you look closely at the exhaust pipe you can see that my pretty stainless pipe is brown, that’s from plowing last spring with 3-16’s, she pulls it just fine but we were burning the carbon out of her.

Pat

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

I love the North American colour scheme. Prefer it to the European colours for the NP Super. :thumbs: :yeah:

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Wow! She's a beauty!! Looks like you need a blade on the front of it to push snow with Pat. Good luck with getting the Doe. :clap:
Mark
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer