Agriline Tachometer

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Foxen
True Blue

Agriline Tachometer

Post by Foxen »

Does anyone here have any experiences with one of those? I am specifically wondering about the clockwise one for power and super major? Mine's broken beyond repair(as are the other three old ones I got my hands on), for the price it carries it looks a steal so it would be nice to know if there are anything to worry about before getting one...
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The best ones that I know come from a company called Speedograph-Richfield. These people will rebuild your tacho to the original specification. They are the company that was originally Smiths.

The Agrline ones may come from them but it would be worth googling them and asking. I am having Dottys one serviced by Speedograph, I bought brake cables for Henrietta from them and was very pleased.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I have had good luck so far with the one on my Power Major, which did come from Agriline. But then again, it only has less than 50 hours on it. The Power Major Tach turns opposite of the Super. My needle rests to the left when the tractor is off. The Supers rest to the right. If this is for your Super, you will need an anti clock wise rotation meter which is down the list a little farther. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Dandy Dave wrote:I have had good luck so far with the one on my Power Major, which did come from Agriline. But then again, it only has less than 50 hours on it. The Power Major Tach turns opposite of the Super. My needle rests to the left when the tractor is off. The Supers rest to the right. If this is for your Super, you will need an anti clock wise rotation meter which is down the list a little farther. Dandy Dave!
The Super Majors came with both the clockwise and the counterclockwise tachs...

Clockwise = the first ones with vacuum-regulator
Counterclockwise = the ones with the Minimec pump

Mine's the "old" one with vacuum regulated pump and angular drive off the timing cover...

But thanks for the reply about them "working out of the box", that means I will probably be happy with mine... And since I live in Sweden I really can't ship off one old tachometer to england, have it serviced and then sent back... There are firms that fix that here in sweden as well but they are quite more expensive than a new one from Agriline, so Agriline it is then...
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Ey ey Captian. I just learned something new. Now if I can only remember it??? :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Dandy Dave wrote:Ey ey Captian. I just learned something new. Now if I can only remember it??? :wink: Dandy Dave!
Hehe, a good day is a day you've learned something new :)
Bookmark this thread and you can always go back and refresh yourself a bit :lol: Sorry if I sounded a bit "besserwisser"-ish, I didn't mean it that way...

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Agriline Tachometer

Post by Tjibbe »

The Fordson Major Diesel (approx 1958) did not have a tacho ?
Regards
Tjibbe

Foxen
True Blue

Re: Agriline Tachometer

Post by Foxen »

Tjibbe wrote:The Fordson Major Diesel (approx 1958) did not have a tacho ?
Regards
Tjibbe
One could be fitted to it, there's a bracket and a tachometer on agriline's homepage, check in front of the injection pump if you have a small angular drive unit sticking up from the flat surface just behind the timing cover, if there's a screw on lid instead then you can buy the tachometer, bracket, angle drive and the tach cable and add one, if there is a drive unit you'll need to know if it's an AC or smiths unit(then buy bracket, tach and the appropriate cable) :)

Tjibbe
Not Quite Blue Yet

Agriline Tacho

Post by Tjibbe »

Thanks Foxen ;
I see there is a lid screwed on. So one has the option.
Regards
Tjibbe

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Tjibbe,

You would also need a bended throttle lever.

Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Allright, today I fitted the Agriline clockwise tachometer on my FSM and it worked nicely, the tales about it fouling the fuel tank is true though, as one of the threaded rods for the mounting bracket will hit the top of the fuel tank, I rectified this by simply grinding off approx 1.2cm of it with one of those cheap dremel copies... Not sure if the illumination lamp holder would foul the fuel tank aswell as I modified that one for two ultra bright white LED's instead...