Super Major 99% complete now

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
rscapriman
True Blue

Super Major 99% complete now

Post by rscapriman »

Hi all, tractor is virtually finished now up and running this weekend, power steering decided not to work so will look into that but quite pleased with the end result so took the oportunity to get both tractors out for a couple of pics.
Regards Len.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Len,

Beautiful result.
Do you know your left lift arm is from a New or Power model? The right one with the adjuster is from the Super.

What a great looking County.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Looks smart. Re the p/s have you got the hp and lp pipes round the correct way?

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Like we say back here in the states. Ssswwweeeeeeeetttt. :D Looks like you just need to get the left grill and light in as the bonnet appeared in the last picture. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

rscapriman
True Blue

Post by rscapriman »

Cheers guys, henk yes I do know the L/H drop arm is not right a friend of mine is looking for a correct one so that he can swap with me ( his has been welded), Essex Pete the pipes are as they were when I stripped it however the only time that I had it running was without the power steering belt on as I had nowhere to fix the ram to (it was attached at the rear of the loader frame) si hand on heart I cannot say that it was pied up correctly before hand or indeed it it worked before, do you know which way round the pipes should be mine is the L/H pipe at the pump goes to the uppermost point on the ram.
Regards Len.