hydraulic pump removal

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Good job Bill, would like to see pictures. I have been using my Power Major everyday, weather permitting, since getting my pump put back in, something about hearing the sound of her running makes it a great day. It is nice to see her pick up my bush hog and box blade again. Good luck.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

Bill W
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bill W »

Hope this worked. I need to go thru the rest of them to see what is relevant. My wife took over 60 pics this AM.

Works now..... Darn it!!!!!! A little perseverance goes a long way!

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

:D

Good to see that you people have use for my images, there are "a few" more of them at http://maskin.b20power.com
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

Bill W
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Bill W »

Foxen, Brian and Gerald,
A belated thank you for ALL the images and tips and encouragement. They were the key that let me know that I could do it. Now that I've been inside, it was really easier than I thought it would be. I'm pretty mechanically fit but I sometimes cringe at disassembling something I've never seen before, especially without some kind of a map. But, sometimes you just have to dive in and hope you'll rise to the surface.
Everything is now as it should be and I'm actively seeking a back blade. Does anyone know the 1961 Super paint scheme? I've seen several and they all seem to be different. I'd like to maybe get it close.
Thanks,
Bill
Works now..... Darn it!!!!!! A little perseverance goes a long way!

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Glad to be of assistance :)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Hello to all, hope everything is great with you. I brought my camera today so thought I would put some pictures up for anyone in the future working on replacing hydraulic pump. A few pictures are already on a previous pages. I took the top off of the Major I bought for parts and there is the pump:Image Easy to remove at this point, three bolts and there she is:Image
I took the one out of my Power Major out of the bottom. I believe it is a lot easier to do this job by taking top off. I used a jack to help me put the one back in through the bottom but still not so easy. Pump is in and we have lift off:Image
Thanks to all for the help and I hope maybe this post will help someone in the future.
Gman: 1959 Power Major

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

Hehe... If it had been a super major you would have had to take the top off ;)

About that paint scheme, are you talking the original british scheme or the american one? The british should be everything blue except wheels which were orange and the grills are most probably silver greyish(I painted mine orange anyway)...