Super Major thread in engine block

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Roadless63
True Blue

Super Major thread in engine block

Post by Roadless63 »

I have a threaded hole behind the injector pump which throws a bit of oil out, therefore I presume it must go through into the crank case, for now I have it bunged up with a rubber bung, and fortunately there is not too much crank case pressure so it hasn't blown out yet....however it would be nice to source the correct bung. The tractor has a minimec pump, and the hole is directly behind it, anyone know what blocks it off? I guess it would be a machine screw, UNC thread? Any help appreciated, if anyone has got one even better! Thanks, Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is a standard machine screw with a little fibre washer. It is the oil feed for the brake exhauster when the engine is fitted to a lorry. It is not shown as a seperate part and used to come in a little bag strapped to the blocks.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Sandy Mac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Sandy Mac »

was it also used to lubricate the compressor(run off the fuel pump) fitted to industrial engines?

Sandy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yup.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Doesn't seem to throw much oil out for a feed, unless I've got very poor oil pressure! I'll try to get a picture this weekend to make sure its the same place.
Cheers, Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

They are in the curved cast mountings on the engine block, set back in a hole if its the ones we are talking about.
Brian