frodson major row crop frunt

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
fordson nut
Not Quite Blue Yet

frodson major row crop frunt

Post by fordson nut »

I have a fordson major row crop or tricycle front end
I would
like to know how rear thay are and what it is werth :?: :?:
I have pix but do not know how to post.
By the way how hard are part's to find like hub's hub cap's bearing?

Salvador
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Salvador »

Hello Fordson Nut. Congratulations for having a tricycle Fordson. It is said that only 52 were made. I am not sure. I also have one that I got in Texas last year and I just finished restoring it. In regard to parts you can get most of them in USA and of course in England, try Agriline who are very serviceable. How much the tractor is worth I do not know. In a few days I will put a picture of mine. Regards.
Salvador. :D

fordson nut
Not Quite Blue Yet

look at this

Post by fordson nut »

got help posting pix

richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by richard the wrecker »

Here is one we stumbled across ealier this year in Montgomery NY
on 1 of our stateside tours.
There was a whole row of other majors there as well, looks like the local kids were doing some tractor pulling

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

The tricycle looks as tho' it might have some Super bits on the back end? Interesting pictures.

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Welcome to the forum, richard the wrecker. That's quite a collection of Fordsons. Do they all belong to the same guy?

As for the narrow fronts, if only 50 were made, you would think that only one or two would have survived. I was thinking that maybe Roadless only made 50, but Fordson started making their own. I looked at the parts list on the New Holland website, and the narrow fronts don't have Fordson part numbers (except for a couple of E27N parts), so I guess Fordson didn't make them. I wonder if they were all made by Roadless, and how many were really built.

henk

Post by henk »

Indeed a nice line of Fordsons. All those different shades of bleu.

The tricycle has the brakes from a Super.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

All these tractors were at the roadside, they were at a New Holland dealer, we were just passin through and came across these. There was also a lot of other stuff Inc Ford balers & believe it or not a David Brown !!!!!! (sorry).
I will try to post some more pics later

Bluehorse5000
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: frodson major row crop frunt

Post by Bluehorse5000 »

New member here, from Minnesota, USA. I own a Ford 5000 Row Crop Gasoline; Ford 6700 diesel, and a 1956 Ford 960 tricycle tractor; and farm with all of them. Also a New Holland TS110, which of course is a continuation of the Ford lineage.
Anyway, on the topic of the narrow-front Majors...I have seen only two in my lifetime here in Minnesota, USA. One back in the late 1960's on a used tractor lot; the other about 1981 on a used machinery lot. Always wanted to buy one, but they are extremely rare here. There used to be a fair amount of Majors around here, and had a great reputation for very economical performance. I can still remember the neighbors plowing with theirs in the fall, and I was amazed at all the black smoke it was putting out as it pulled the plow through cornstalk ground! We were using only gasoline tractors at the time.
Interesting forum, and glad I ran across this site! :D

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re:

Post by Dandy Dave »

richard the wrecker wrote:Here is one we stumbled across ealier this year in Montgomery NY
Montgomery NY is nearly in my back yard. I may have to do a little searching. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

richard the wrecker
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Re:

Dandy Dave wrote:
richard the wrecker wrote:Here is one we stumbled across ealier this year in Montgomery NY
Montgomery NY is nearly in my back yard. I may have to do a little searching. Dandy Dave!
The dealer in Montgomery was called Chambers, we found it on the main road into town.
Be interesting to see if those majors were still there.

dromonedog
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: frodson major row crop frunt

Post by dromonedog »

Is someone still looking for a Roadless narrow front end ?