Agriline Quick Service

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
brownsmule
True Blue

Agriline Quick Service

Post by brownsmule »

I ordered a overhaul kit for the E1A and some spares for my FSM on Monday Nov 29 2010. All items were shipped on Tue Nov 30 2010 and arrived at my door (NC USA) (FedEx) before 10:00 AM today 12-01-2010.
Now I'll be off the auto machine shop to have the FL cyl head redone. As this is a loader tractor, the work is being done in frame. I'm not looking forward to fitting the oil sump from the bottom up by myself. Wish I had it all back together as fast as the parts arrived.
Better prices and quicker service than here at home. :wink:

JohnnyBoy
True Blue

Post by JohnnyBoy »

They've always been good for me, usually next day or 2 days at the most...

...They've even taken an order off the truck, added some more parts to it and got the order to me the next day :wink:
JB... So what if I am having a mid life crisis, It's only hurting my bank balance

1957 Fordson Major Diesel - 1951 Ferguson TED 20 - Massey Ferguson Type 794 Plough

Kim
True Blue

Agriline Quick Service

Post by Kim »

I don't care who you are, that there's QUICK service!!! :o
Never give up!

Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Miles »

brownsmule

The only part of the Major I don't like is the weight of the sump!

I used 2 small ratchet straps under the sump and around the loader arms to raise and lower...worked perfectly.

http://www.shipperssupplies.com/LoadStr ... wFlatHook/

Miles

Kim
True Blue

Agriline Quick Service

Post by Kim »

Miles, for the record I weighed mine when I got it off....84 pounds. :shock:
Never give up!

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

thats exactly how i get my sumps back on with a ratchet strap at the front, and a trolley jack at the back. also keeping the gasket lined up is trickey, so now i stick it to the sump with silicone!

JohnnyBoy
True Blue

Post by JohnnyBoy »

Nick wrote:thats exactly how i get my sumps back on with a ratchet strap at the front, and a trolley jack at the back. also keeping the gasket lined up is trickey, so now i stick it to the sump with silicone!
Actually I use ordinary grease to secure gaskets, it holds it just enough but still allows you to reposition it if need be
JB... So what if I am having a mid life crisis, It's only hurting my bank balance

1957 Fordson Major Diesel - 1951 Ferguson TED 20 - Massey Ferguson Type 794 Plough

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I remember reading in an early automobile repair book, that I have around here since I was about 10 years old, to use "Hard Oil" on the gaskets while reassembling components. I always thought the term "Hard Oil" to be grease. So this is not a new idea. I have even done it myself at times.

Digging on my shelf, The Book has a date of 1909, and the title is, "Self Propelled Vehicles" After more than 40 years, I still have it close at hand :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

JohnnyBoy
True Blue

Post by JohnnyBoy »

Dandy Dave wrote:Digging on my shelf, The Book has a date of 1909, and the title is, "Self Propelled Vehicles" After more than 40 years, I still have it close at hand :D Dandy Dave!
I got a book like that DD..."Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia"... It's the 22nd edition circa 1951 :lol: