dating a supermajor

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
fred2873
Not Quite Blue Yet

dating a supermajor

Post by fred2873 »

Hi all,

I am looking to date a super major. It has had the engine changed for an industrial unit sometime in the past and the serial number plate has also gone.

The casting code near the clutch mechanism is M23H. Does anybody know what date this correspods to.

Also what diesel pump would have been originaly fitted? simms or minimec as I would like to put an original style engine back in it to make it look better.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steven B
True Blue

Re: dating a suermajor

Post by Steven B »

October 23 1962. Minimec pump.

Steve
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

1962 model
True Blue

Post by 1962 model »

Hi,
I also would like to know which type of Injection pump was the original for my 1962 Super major engine number 1592338
22 F 3 I think it was? ( It currently has a Simms but perhaps it has been changed? )

Thanks Mike

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I just gotta ask, Is dating a Super Major better than dating a Power Major :?: I've tried dating some women, but I always get clocked with a bag from the one here at home. :roll: ... :cry: ... Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: dating a supermajor

Post by JC »

Mike,
The Simms Minimec pump was introduced in June of 1962. 1592338 was made in March of 1961, so it would have had the Simms vacuum governed pump (also called the Simms Minivac pump, so I've been told, although I've never heard it called that on this forum).
Dandy Dave wrote:I just gotta ask, Is dating a Super Major better than dating a Power Major :?:
I knew someone was going to ask that eventually. Why did I know it would be you? :mrgreen:

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: dating a supermajor

Post by Dandy Dave »

JC wrote:
Dandy Dave wrote:I just gotta ask, Is dating a Super Major better than dating a Power Major :?:
I knew someone was going to ask that eventually. Why did I know it would be you? :mrgreen:
Like the Marrige Counciler said, Do something sexy to a tractor. :lol: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major