Need pushrods for '59 major

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
datadawg70
Not Quite Blue Yet

Need pushrods for '59 major

Post by datadawg70 »

Anyone have or know where I can buy a complete set of pushrods for a '59 Major? I tore apart the original '64 engine several years ago and have no clue as to what I did with pushrods. I know at least one or two were bent when the #3 con rod went. I am have thrown them out for all I know. I have 7 of the 8 from the '59 replacement engine and a couple of them are bent. So no matter what I need to replace at least 4 if not all. I have checked several tractor part site and have not found any.

redxmajor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Need pushrods for '59 major

Post by redxmajor »

Datadawg, try Agriline's site. They have exhaust and inlet valves for all majors and also the earlier type valves. And loads of other lovely stuff too!
Pat.

datadawg70
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by datadawg70 »

Already looked there. I believe they have for the Dexta but no the major. I'm going to call my local NH dealer and see if they have and how much. They are nut on some of there pricing.

I also need the crank timing gear. Mine is really pitted and I'm afraid to use it.

Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Miles »

...Not sure where you are but NH has them in Canada ($8 each a
few years ago) ...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were the same
as the Ford 302 V-8...Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

datadawg70
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by datadawg70 »

I am in South Central Pennsylvania, USA.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were the same
as the Ford 302 V-8...Can anyone confirm this?
Interesting :scratchhead: ...I happen to have a Ford 302 that came out of a '83 Mustang GT. I'll go pull a valve cover and take a look. I'll let you know.

datadawg70
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by datadawg70 »

:cry: Not even close to being the same. The 302 is about 6" shorter. According to my local NH dealer's website, they have the push rods in stock and they are $1.57 us. Not a bad price. I wish they other parts as reasonable. I guess I am making a run tomorrow.

redxmajor
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by redxmajor »

Sorry Datadawg, I read your post completely wrong. It's pushrods you are looking for. I picked it up as valves. I think I need an eye test! Sorry. Pat.

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

i had two slightly bent pushrods on my 54 major, i put them in a mates lathe, and got them straight in 10 minutes. but use a brass hammer as they arent quite as harsh
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Supermanuel
True Blue

Post by Supermanuel »

There are at least 2 different lengths of pushrods. I expect that also various tappet heights exist. (Trader engine)
New Performance Super Major Manuel 08D970466