Engine Rebuild Kit

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
bluecraig0776
True Blue

Engine Rebuild Kit

Post by bluecraig0776 »

I was looking at a Rebuild kit from a well known supplier for my '57 Major . They offer two options. One kit has 1 1/4 Pin Pistons and the other has 1 3/8 Pin pistons. is there anyway I can find out what one I need for my Major without stripping it down?
Fordson Major, Man's best friend.
1957 Fordson Major Diesel - Mid-Restoration

Nick
True Blue

Re: Engine Rebuild Kit

Post by Nick »

I had the same issue. I had to strip the engine and measure the piston pin before ordering. If your supplier is the same as mine is (i suspect it is), then its usually next day delivery.
Also if your changing the liners, you need to pull them out to see if they are double or single o-ring before ordering.
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Supermanuel
True Blue

Post by Supermanuel »

So far I know, first engines with 34,9 mm piston pin started from number 1425097.

Larger cylinder liners from no. 1575886. Number of O-rings is not a reliable sign of type. Spigoted liners always with 1 mm head gasket.
New Performance Super Major Manuel 08D970466

bluecraig0776
True Blue

Post by bluecraig0776 »

Thanks for your replies, I guess I'll just have to strip it down first then order parts.

Thanks again

Regards
Craig
Fordson Major, Man's best friend.
1957 Fordson Major Diesel - Mid-Restoration