regsitration docs

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
super6
True Blue

regsitration docs

Post by super6 »

i have spoken to DVLA and they need me to provide a chassis number and proof of age so they can give me a age related plate.
tractor is a new performance but wrong engine, is there any numbers on back axle to give them , number is mainly for insurance certificate.
as for proof of age they said they could accept a letter from a owners club or similiar.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Your number would be related to your engine number as that is the only one on the tractor.

You need to get all the remaining date codes from gearbox,axle, lift and axle housings. These will give you your true date. Then contact National Vintage Tractor and Engine Club at PO Box 1705, Yate, Bristol, BS37 6RF.

You can get the form for the log book and registration from the DVLA web site. Send this and the other details plus any photographs of your tractor as well. Its a slow process but will get there in the end.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

super6
True Blue

Post by super6 »

hi Brian thanks for quick reply.
i have been out and had a look at castings, what numbers do they need .
lift cover has arrow to the 1 and 3h21, under axle just above drawbar mount it has arrow to 9 and 3h26, gearbox has no arrow and clock but stamp no. 3h23.
or do i need numbers starting with E1A.
sorry to sound silly and i expect its been covered a hundred times before but just want to get it right first time.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The 3H21 are the ones you want. You should also find them on the gearbox housing near the clutch pedal and on the front axle. They give a casting date of, for example, 3 = 1963, H = August and 21 = 21st. If the engine is around that time it should start 08C, then you would get a 1963 registration because everything would tie up. If it starts with anything else then put a note in your application that the engine has been replaced at some time.

Take lots of pictures including the casting codes and engine numbers. If the DVLA don't have enough information they may want to come and inspect the tractor.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

super6
True Blue

Post by super6 »

my friends got a major with no number plate,can he get a log book from engine no; 1359104or do you need mor detail.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The engine number is a start but you will need to provide as much detail as possible inc. pictures where possible. Check my replys above and that should get you registration. Be prepared for it to take some time. Nuffy took 4 years to get but there were problems of mislaid paperwork.
Brian

js
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by js »

I once made a couple of javascript programs to make it easier to interpret serial numbers and casting codes. They can be used at:

Casting codes

and

Serial numbers

But I take no responsibility for the correctness of the calculations :D.