Photo posting

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
essex pete
True Blue

Photo posting

Post by essex pete »

Hi
I am sure it has been covered many a time but I have a couple of old photos that members may find interesting.
What do I do? They are scanned on to my computer.
Peter

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Any help anyone??

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Hi Peter,
I thought that one of the more computer literate guys would answer your question, but since they haven't, here goes. You need to know that I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble.
The first thing that you need to do is upload your pictures to a photo hosting site, like ImageShack or Photo Bucket. After you upload them there will be several lines of code next to the picture. You need to copy the line that is for forums. Then, start typing a message on this BB and paste the line that you copied where you want the picture to be. Some of the photo sites don't give you a ready made line of code to post on a forum, so you have to type the address of your picture between two image tags. The tag at the beginning of the line is (IMG) and the one at the end is (/IMG) When you do this for real use brackets [ ] instead of parenthesis. Your picture should look something like this
(IMG) http:/img100.imageshack.com/petesmajor.jpg(/IMG) except with brackets instead of parenthesis.
This probably isn't a very good description, but it will give you a place to start from and you can ask more questions.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sorry Peter, did not mean to ignore you, just a bit involved at the moment and I forgot to get back to you.

As JC says, you need to upload your pics to a free photo site and , once there, you must be prepared to leave them on, otherwise the picture will be deleted from this site. Also reduce the size a little as, if you do not, it will not fit on the screen and makes it a pain to read your message.

Once you have the picture on the site of your choice, point to the picture and click your right button on the mouse. This should bring up a panel with "Properties" in it. Click on properties and copy the line of text that includes the picture title and the .jpeg using "Control and C" keys.

Come back to this board and open the message screen.

Write your message then, when you get to the bit where you want to put the picture click on the "Img" tag just under the "Subject" heading.
[img] will now appear in the body of the text. Point close behind this and hit "Control and C" keys. The details of your picture will now appear.
At the end of the line of text, go back to the image tags, "img" should now have a * behind it. Click this and it will apear in the text of your messsage [img*]. Job done.

Sounds complicated but after you have done it a few times its easy. It took we all of three weeks to work out orignally, with lots of help from Oscar and Emiel. :shock:

If you would like to practise, feel free to go to my Web Site and copys some of the pictures to your message. There may be some of your pictures on there still.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Oh crikey that looks beyond me but I'll have a go. Failing that someone has kindly offered to post them for me.

Kind regards to all, Peter