County Super 6 Parts in Canada

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

County Super 6 Parts in Canada

Post by JC »

I'm trying to buy a Super Six that needs some work ( of course). The owner says that when he used to get parts for it, he would get them from somewhere in Canada, because it was a lot cheaper than getting them from England. Does anyone ( Miles, maybe?) know where to get County parts in Canada?
Thanks.
JC

Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Miles »

JC

Parts are few and far between up here as well...

The ford industrial 2700 series motors were used in a lot of marine applications so you may have better luck if you are near the coast and can find a shop that has been around for awhile. I am not sure about if the 590e motors were used in marine though.

I am always checking with local wreckers but as soon as you mention county prices seem to increase rapidly.

What model are you looking at purchasing?

I have emailed a few sources in UK but never got a response. Have you found sources?

I think that as long as you don't need heavy bits shipping from UK is not bad atleast to Canada.

Regards

JC

Post by JC »

Hi Miles,
The tractor that I'm looking at is the Super Six that is based on the Super Major. I think that it should have the 590E engine. I'm going to try to go look at it this weekend, so I should know more about it then. I'll see if the owner has the name of the place that he used to get parts from. They may be out of business or no longer sell County parts by now. When I got my 1164, Sandy Mac gave me a list of places to get County parts and I found one more on Yesterday's Tractors. You should be able to find it on the old BB in the World Series forum. I'll try to find the name of the other one and post it here. Some of them replied to my emails. One of them had all the parts I needed to fix my left steering knuckle, but I deceided not to order them until I took the right side apart to see what it needed. I haven't got back to it yet, because I'm doing some remodeling on the house.
JC

JC

Post by JC »

Here's the other place to get County parts that I was trying to find.
http://www.jaspwilson.co.uk/ They replied to my emails.
I have more names of County parts suppliers that I will post if anyone is interested. I haven't tried all of them, so some may not be any good.