Rocker cover breather question.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
RH
True Blue

Rocker cover breather question.

Post by RH »

Here I am again, looking for advice!

On the FSM that I'm working on, there is a breather on top of the rocker cover, but no corresponding port for it to go into the air cleaner, like the other FSM has.

Q. should it be routed into the air cleaner, or had some FSM's simply a hose down the side of the engine?

(I suppose it could have an air cleaner fitted from an older FM, where the breather was routed into the manifold.)

Not had time yet to take off timing cover, to see what's wrong in there.
( Been haying, but it's a bit slow, with on average only two dry days in a row! still, got 115 acres baled in nice condition, and another 35 acres about fit.)
Other old FSM has done all the rotary raking.

Thanks in advance, for any answers.

Richard.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Breather should go to the air cleaner otherwise there is no through flow of air. The breather on the timing cover is to let clean air into the engine. It should have a little clean oil in the cup and work like the normal air cleaner.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

RH
True Blue

Post by RH »

Thank you Brian,

I'll fix it accordingly.

Not a good hay day today. Everythig that could go wrong did, and what couldn't go wrong, did anyway!

Only thing without problems was FSM and Kuhn rake!