Oeps!

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Pascal
True Blue

Oeps!

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

I have bought myself a new RPM-mechanisme (see my earlier topic) for my FSM with vacuum fuel pump.
When I wanted to mount it om my tractor, I accidently dropped a 3mm spring washer in the whole.... :cry: :cry:

I tried to find it and get it out, but I couldn't find it... :cry:

I am afraid it may cause damage in the engine. Or do you disagree?
Any solutions?
Change the oil in the engine? That may be a good idea after all, since it's in for 3 years.

Looking forward to your reactions.
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Magnetise a thin screwdriver and try to pick it out that way. With any luck it should fall straight into the sump but there are gears in there that could be damaged by a hard steel washer. It may just be lying on the top of the oil pump drive.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

This morning I managed to get the washer out! :thumbs:

The screwdriver unfortunately did not work, because of the fact, that the washer was "around the corner".
With a magnet on a flexible stick, I got it out quite easily. Nice tool to have. ;)

Best regards,
Pascal
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Jos Cuypers
True Blue

Post by Jos Cuypers »

Pascal,

had something similar happening with my Dexta, one of the bolts of the gear-shifters felt in the gear-box ... :shock:
Than these magnets can perform wonders. (not that expensive, but very cheap compared to the damage this metal part could cause.
Rgds
Jos

My dexta has 32 Horse power, but a donkey behind the steering wheel.