Need some pictures, NP toplink bracket

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Need some pictures, NP toplink bracket

Post by Robbie »

Hi,

I am missing a part on the Super Major new performance I have and I can not find a spare one, new or used. So I want to build it myself. Unless all of you tell me this would be unwise :oops: because it would not be strong enough. It is the peace you would normaly connect the top link to. I have a picture from this forum where the upper part of it is shown.

Could someone take some detailed pictures of it, preferably with a ruller next to it so I can drill the holes in the right place. A quick drawing with the dimensions, thicknesses and distances between holes is also fine or even better :-)

I hope you can help me with the last missing part.

Kind regards,
Rob.
Last edited by Robbie on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roadless63
True Blue

Re: Need some pictures.

Post by Roadless63 »

The picture you have there is for a blue/orange super major, new performance is different. I have got bits for one of mine somewhere but it is easier if someone else on here has one on their tractor they can measure up for you. If you are not too worried about using draft control (ie not doing anything soil engaging) then why not just rig up a 3pt top link bracket as per a diesel/power major to get you going? I think the holes are all there, just need a bracket which are a lot easier to come by than the bit you are after. Just a thought.
Regards
Ed

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

I dont think I will ever "need" draft control and I have thought about a bracket just to conect a toplink. The reason I wanted to build one is that I dont know if it is safe to use only one bracket without the link to the draft control (yoke ?) It seems that the forces are divided into two points and I am scared to just ignore the design.

But if it is safe to use only the lower 4 holes to conect a bracket to, and use that for the toplink then thats fine with me. But then I have a other question, will any major bracket fit on the NP major?

Kind regards,
Rob.

liam
True Blue

Post by liam »

Hi Robbie,
I don't know where you are but I have that part you are looking for. I am in Ireland if you are interested I could post it to you.
Liam

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

Hi Liam,

Thats realy great news :D you just made my day!
I just took a picture of the back so that it would be clear what parts are missing, i think I might not have discribed it acuratly.
I will post the picture anayway so you can have a look as well.

If you have the part that is missing, let me know what you want for it, I live in the Netherlands so mailing is the best option.

Kind regards,
Rob.

liam
True Blue

Post by liam »

Hi Robbie,
looking at your picture you are missing two parts. There is a bracket which is held on with the 4 bolts and the top bracket which holds the top link. It is called a rocker which is hard to find secondhand. The lower piece should not be a problem as it is usually left on and scrapped supers I have seen. If you still want the rocker piece I have let me know and I will find out the postage.
Regards Liam.

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

The lower piece should not be a problem
Liam,

If you dont need the rocker I would realy like to have it, I want to make the tractor as complete as possible. You say that the lower bracket is easy to find but I have searched the entire internet a couple of times and looked in catalogs of different suppliers but did not find the rocker or the bracket.

Maybe I used the wrong words in google but used a combination of: fordson rocker bracket toplink. All I did find was two hits on ebay but those were sold.

Because I could not find one I started this post so I can try to weld it myself.

I want to thank you for the offer and keeping this tread alive :clap:

Kind regards,
Rob.

liam
True Blue

Post by liam »

Hi Rob,
I have sent you a pm.
Regards, Liam

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Need some pictures, NP toplink bracket

Post by Robbie »

Hi,

If anyone has some detailed pitures of the NP toplink bracket and or rocker, please dont hesitate to post them 8) I decided I will make the bracket myself and some pitures might help.

Kind regards,
Rob.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Its in the same place as the other picture. "Identifying Your Major" on the Wiki.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

Oops :oops:

But I did get the other picture from some post on the forum :-)
Thanks for the help Brian.

Kind regards,
Rob.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi Rob, you may want to check this.

Pat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fordson-major-t ... 2572291c6d

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

Thanks pat!

I did not see this one yet and I will bid on it :-)

It looks like it is not for a NP major but maybe it will fit, the bracket will anyhow.

Again, many thanks!

janus
True Blue

Post by janus »

hello

here picture of two different rockers.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... ocker2.jpg

my question is ?

is the left/above rocker on the picture for a new performance model , and the right/down one, for a super major ?

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

yes that is correct the top one is for blue/grey np major and the lower one id for a orange/blue super major
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

Hi Janus,

Can I help you to get rid of the left rocker and the top link bracket?

Regards,
Rob.

janus
True Blue

Post by janus »

hello rob

the rockers on the pictures, ar not mine, :? so i can't help

i,ve search a while too, before i found my one rocker

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Robbie,

If this is your tractor it is not a New Performance lift as it does not have Double Acting Draft Control.

New Performance tractors have the Draft Control Fork Spring held in by a outer threaded "Nut" which has holes for a special spanner as this one has.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Robbie »

Hi Brian,

Someone on the forum told me it was most probably a NP major, but if thats not the case, what is it then? I had to look a couple of times before I spotted the holes in the NP major. It is difficult to keep them appart :-)

Regards,
Rob.