Making progress

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
super63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Making progress

Post by super63 »

I have been waiting for your computer to be fixed to post some pictures of my tractor. Nearly there just a few more parts to strip and paint and some panels to find.

I will post some more when it is fully complete.

mark white
Not Quite Blue Yet

making progress

Post by mark white »

Hi Super63

Great photos, hope the wife doesn't notice where the washing basket has gone! :lol:
MARK WHITE, WESTBURY

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Super 63
Tractor looking good. Is your tractor an industrial version, going by the glimpes of yellow paint, and the heavy solid wheel centres, front and rear.
My 57 came from Australia, and has the same wheels, and boy are they heavy. Are they 28 inch like mine.
Will look forward to seeing the end result.
Kiwi Kev

super63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by super63 »

Kiwi Kev,
I am not sure if this is an industrial unit or not. The engine serial number has a " c " at the begin not an " S " that denotes an industrial unit. However after stripping back 2 or 3 coates of paint it seems it was painted completely yellow at some stage.
The rear wheels fitted are 18.4 - 28, and yes the rear weights are solid cast they must weight over 150kg each.

Andy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The "S" would normally denote a replaced engine from an industrial application.

The units for modifications to 4WD, industrial or agricultural would have the standard engine/model number as they were supplied from the line less wheels and some tinwork.

If you have a "C" in your number it should be "08C" which would indicate that it was a 1963 build.

It is also possible that it was sent over to Aus. in parts and assembled over there. It then may have Australian coding in the numbers but I would have thought that "C" would still indicate 1963. The casting codes could indicate more clearly the date of production.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian