road registration

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Gerald,
Where exactly is the hold up? Is it with Thomas Andrews in documenting the age of your tractor (perhaps you can do it for him?!), or is it with the DVLA in which case can you expedite but attending at their offices?

Thanks,

Ben

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

I am almost certain that the delay is with Thomas Andrews and from conversations that I have had with him in the past I have gained the impression that he has an enormous backlog. This is also true of Wilkie in Bristol.

There is sufficient information available for any one of us to be able to date our own tractors which together with photographs can be submitted to the DVLA. However I understand that there is a requirement for the application to be authenticated by a nominated member of a club or society.

In the case of the FFA I would have thought that the area representatives could vouch for the tractors in their respective areas and thus reduce Thomas Andrews work load.

Gerald

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

I have just searched the DVLA site and ended up at the following page

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Bu ... DG_4022312

Which is self explanatory, however if you download Form V675/1 which lists the various motoring clubs etc through which you can apply for registration. The FFA isn't listed but, Thomas Andrews is listed as the rep for the Cornish Tractor Club.

Interestingly they also list the Carmarthen Vintage Society which is in the next county to me so I may contact them with regard to future registrations.

With reference to registrations, the AA Members Books prior to the 1960's had a list of the registration prefixes and suffixes giving details of the County/Office which issued them. If anyone should have such a list I would be grateful if they could provide me with a copy. Obviously I would reimburse them for any expense incurred.

Gerald
Last edited by Tubal Cain on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Registering a Vehicle

Post by Bensdexta »

I think that link should be
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Bu ... DG_4022312
as Gerald's gives an error message.
Ben

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Registration Update

Post by Tubal Cain »

Despite all his promises, Thomas Andrews has not processed my registration application. My cheque has not been cashed and as it dated over six months ago, the bank will not honour it.

I have been in touch with Peter Simpson of the Ford and Fordson Association regarding this matter and it would appear that I am not the only member of the association who has had problems with the nominated Registration Officer aka Thomas Andrews.

They are concerned that the lack of progress regarding registration through their nominated officer, reflects badly on the association and is failing its members. They are therefore investigating an alternative and quicker route to obtain age related registrations.

As I am in communication with the association, I will post updates of any progress made concerning this matter on this forum. I would advise anyone who requires to register their tractor to hold fire until this matter has been resolved once and for all.

Gerald